Grilling and frying can both be done on the Blackstone griddle, which is a multipurpose cooking surface. If you take care of it, it’s simple and easy to use, and it’s reasonably inexpensive. You actually require it if you enjoy being outside. How to clean a Blackstone griddle is demonstrated in this article.
When To Blackstone Griddle Cleaning?
Before using your new Blackstone griddle for the first time, you must clean and season it. This initial cleaning aids in removing the dust that accumulates during shipping as well as residues left over from the manufacturing process.
To keep your grill functioning at its best, clean it after each cooking session.
If your flat-top grill has rust, that is another situation in which you should clean it. If it’s only a small patch, clean it up, add some oil, and re-season the cooktop. However, if the rust is severe, you will need to remove the entire seasoning layer and scrub thoroughly with a grill stone.
How Often You Should Clean a Blackstone Griddle?
Before using a new Blackstone griddle or any griddle for the first time, you should clean and season it to get rid of any dust, grime, or residue that was left over from the manufacturing process. It’s best to properly clean and season the griddle after each uses the first time.
Why Clean Blackstone Griddle?
Every time you cook on your Blackstone griddle, grease and food scraps are collected.
The buildup of these two causes grime, which impairs your grill’s normal operation. Your grill’s lifespan may also be shortened by it.
Here is why cleaning your flat-top grill is so essential:
It Ensures the Efficient Functioning of Your Griddle
If you fail to take good care of your grill, you are likely to encounter the following problems:
- Griddle top peeling
- Griddle top rusting
- Igniter problems
Setting up a regular Blackstone griddle cleaning will help you stay away from maintenance-related problems.
Your grill will continue to operate properly if you clean it regularly.
It Minimizes Incidents of Grease Fires
Grease can be washed off your Blackstone griddle on a regular basis to prevent accumulation.
The drip pan can easily catch fire as you cook if you allow a lot of greases to build up in it.
Grills were to blame for 10,600 reported home fires in the United States between 2014 and 2018, according to data gathered by the National Fire Protection Association. Of those, 29% came from grills that had not been properly cleaned.
It Helps to Keep Your Food Clean
You can be sure that the food is clean with a Blackstone griddle cleaning.
Black food crumbs and oils from your most recent meal will be on a dirty griddle top. Your food will taste different and look worse due to these oils and residues.
Keep your cooktop spotless at all times to enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of your freshly prepared griddle meals.
What You Need to Clean a Blackstone Grill?
- A bucket
- Warm water
- A metal scraper or spatula
- An answer to cleaning: Avoid using abrasive cleaners and chemicals on your griddle. It is best to use dishwashing liquid.
- Paper towels
- Microfiber towel (you can also use a lint-free kitchen towel)
- Non-metallic scouring pad or brush
- When cleaning the griddle of grease, grime, and carbon buildup, a pumice grill stone is useful.
- Cooking oil
- Heat-resistant gloves are useful when working on a hot grill surface.
How to Clean Your Blackstone Griddle for the First Time?
- Stir some dishwashing liquid soap into the warm water in your bucket after filling it up.
- In a sink of soapy water, dunk your microfiber towel. Wring the cloth until it is damp but not dripping.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the grill cooktop to get rid of any loose dust and dust residue. As you wipe the entire surface, make sure to rinse the cloth in the cleaning solution a few times.
- Remove the dirty water from your bucket and replace it with fresh warm water. To remove the soap from the cooktop, dip your cloth into the clean water, wring it out, and then wipe it down.
- Utilizing paper towels, dry the cooking surface. Before seasoning,, let it air-dry for a while.
- Then, set the heat on your Blackstone Griddle to high.
- The cooktop starts to turn dark after about 10 to 15 minutes.
- To the surface of the cooking pot, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil. Use your preferred cooking oil if you wish.
- Avoid using excessive oil because it might make the grill sticky.
- In order to apply the oil to the surface, use a few paper towels. Use tongs to roll up the paper towels on the hot surface while wearing heat-resistant gloves.
- Make certain to oil both the grill’s sides and corners.
- Keep all burners at high heat until the oil burns off and the smoke stops.
- At least four times should be added to the process.
When cleaning a Blackstone griddle for the first time, soap is the only thing you need to use.
Getting a perfect, non-stick cooktop requires a perfect first seasoning layer. If you do it correctly, cleaning and maintaining your flat-top grill will be simple going forward.
The cooktop will burn food if you don’t thoroughly clean and season your grill the first time.
To stop rust from developing, make sure there is no residual moisture left on the surface of the grill.
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle After Use?
- Allow your flat-top grill to cool down after cooking, but make sure it stays warm.
- To remove juices and food particles stuck on the grill cooktop, use a metal scraper. Scrape toward the drip tray, and then use paper towels to remove any remaining grease.
- Spray hot water on the impacted areas if there is some food that is somewhat stuck. The food particles are made more soluble by the steam produced by hot water.
- Blackstone scouring pads or non-metallic scrubbers should be used to gently rub the surface. Use a wire brush and no soap.
- Use paper towels or a piece of cloth made of microfiber to wipe any dirt or leftover water off the surface.
- Oil the griddle top with a lint-free cloth or some paper towels. Make sure the coating is even and thin.
Never wash a griddle that has already been used with soap. Your cooktop may have residues from soap that will affect the flavor of your upcoming meal.
FAQ About Blackstone Griddle?
What Oil Do You Use on a Blackstone Griddle?
For use on your griddle, avocado oil, which has a smoke point of 520 degrees, is ideal. Any oil you feel comfortable consuming is acceptable as long as the smoke point (IMO) is higher than 400 degrees.
What is An Oil Smoke Point and Why Does It Matter?
A cooking oil’s smoke point is the temperature at which it begins to degrade and emit smoke. The oil is more prone to degrade at high temperatures the lower the smoke point.
Because smoke point can affect how your food tastes, it’s important to use an oil that won’t degrade into potentially cancer-causing molecules.
Can You Use Steel Wool to Clean Off a Blackstone Griddle?
A weathered griddle could be cleaned with steel wool, but griddle stones work better at removing food buildup and residue that is difficult to remove from griddle surfaces.
Can You Use Oven Cleaner on a Griddle?
On a Blackstone griddle, there is no need to use oven cleaner. Never eat from that surface because you are.
How to Clean a New Blackstone Griddle?
A new Blackstone griddle is pre-seasoned to guard against nicks and harsh weather conditions during shipping.
To get rid of the factory coating and add a thicker layer of seasoning, you should clean it thoroughly after assembly.
Any dust and dirt from production and shipping can be removed with a soapy wash.
Can Use Soap When Cleaning Your Blackstone Griddle?
You don’t need to use soap to clean your Blackstone Griddle. Your food will taste bad if you use soap. You will lose your seasoning if you use soap that removes oil. Keep in mind that a good clean (hot with water) and suitable oil will help maintain future flavors precisely.